Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Favorite Places in New York: Peanut Butter and Co


Here’s where I am going to start letting you in on my own personal version of New York. First stop:




Most NYU students have eaten here at least once (and definitely less than the embarrassing number of times I go there during the semester). It’s conveniently located near “campus” in the West Village (I think so, anyway. It’s in an area that I refer to by the geographically scientific term “that hood behind Bobst [NYU’s library]”). Anyway, Peanut Butter and Co is pretty self-explanatory: they serve up all kinds of varieties of your favorite childhood classic: the PB&J.

My most recent trip to Peanut Butter and Co was not just out of the blue or out of necessity to satistfy a craving—I had a COUPON!!




That’s one great thing about being a student in the city—if you look hard enough, you can find stuff like this. I obtained a PB&Co coupon sheet in NYU’s very covert and underground Student Resource Center (or maybe other students already knew about this magical coupon wonderland and I’ve just been living in the dark for the last two and a half years). There is a different special for every month, so you can bet I won’t let these coupons go to waste.

I went to Peanut Butter and Co to use my coupon on my break between classes. I am indecisive when ordering food anyway, but when it comes to peanut butter sandwich varieties, I want one of everything. I considered trying something I’ve been curious about since my first time there, the Pregnant Lady (peanut butter and bread and butter pickles), but I wasn’t feeling courageous enough. I had my heart set on the Peanut Butter Cup (peanut butter and Nutella), but then I saw it… the sandwich I knew I had to get. I, of course, forgot the name, but I could never forget what it contained: peanut butter, vanilla cream cheese, and chocolate chips.

After freaking out the employee by placing my order way too overexcitedly, I got my free hot chocolate.



And then… the glorious sandwich.


It was delectable, OBVIOUSLY. The hot chocolate could have been better, but… it was free. Peanut Butter and Co is a lovely and delicious place to have your lunch (or dinner!), and it always makes me feel like a little kid. Even if you can’t make it the shop in New York, you can order some of their delicious peanut butter online (they’ve got about a billion different kinds). I know I’ll be stocking up before going home to Texas for the summer.

1 comment:

  1. Oh this has me craving a peanut butter sandwich now more than you know! Just thinking of one with vanilla cream cheese and choco chips has me drooling....ah jealous! Looks and sounds so yummy!
    Not too sure about the pickle one, but I expect a blog post if you do every try it ;)
    Have a great weekend Kiki!

    ReplyDelete